Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Touchdown!

Well, sports fans, it's an exciting week in the Fantasy Football world. As many of you know, I'm new to this world. Total neophyte. First timer. The ultimate rookie. I'm not really sure all of the rules, the ins and outs, the choreography to the dance that is Fantasy Football. (In fact, I bet that line I used just now about choreography officially made me a total and forever sports outsider. Except... wait... don't football players sometimes take ballet? Ha! I sort of know something!)

HOWEVER, while I'm new to the game of Fantasy Football, I do know a thing or two about kicking ass.... or so I thought.

See, in reading this excellent article on Miami 305's victory of El Pollo Diablo, I noted that this win was characterized as a "triumphant victory"... with Miami coach Rubinoff even commenting "I wish I hadn't beaten up so much on those Diablos."

The score in that triumphant, beating-on-the-Diablos victory was 100 to 92.

Meanwhile, over in my match-up... my team, Team Kanderrr. Grr., scored 106 while coach Sarver's LandSharks scored....

....wait for it...

....29.

And I'm torn, sports fans. I'm truly torn. I'm, like, Tom Brady's-ACL-torn.

Because part of me feels like doing a big ol' victory dance (I know - again with the dancing) about the ASS-KICKING OF THE SEASON -- and part of me just feels like, man. There's no glory in this. It's just kind of... sad. And I think maybe I shouldn't gloat. You shouldn't feel good about just ... massacreing your opponent.

Except. A quick recap: Sarver tried to thwart my ability to really play this season. That's right - scandal in Fantasyland! When there was an error in my Fantasy Football account and I couldn't switch players or monitor my team, ol' Chip was all about the sabotage: "Come on, guys... she couldn't make the draft... she's new... and she's a girl!!! Don't fix her account!" But Commissioner Green believes in fair play, and came through.

So, I think the lesson today is that while for some, sports is a religion... that religion clearly gives a nod to KARMA.

KANDERRR! GRR!

*PS, yes, I am well aware, if karma is a part of this game, I totally and completely flat-out shot myself in the foot for the rest of the season. Worth it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

very nice... this is too fun.

dramamama said...

FOOTBALL????

Where is the pod???

What have you done with my daughter????

Bret K said...

at least you got to play! i signed up and no one told me when the draft was... tho in hindsight, maybe it's good that i wasn't playing the year everyone got beat by a girl =)