Monday, December 22, 2008

The Good Kind of Tired

It's been a heckuva month, and it's caught up to me. I'm feeling it, and evidently I'm showing it. People are actually telling me "You look really tired." That's not generally synonymous with "you look great."

Sometimes, when life is exhausting, it's for unhappy reasons. Losing sleep over health issues, work stress, a breakup, a fight. To clarify for all those who might be worried because they can see fatigue in my face, or read it in the subtext of what I write lately - yes, I'm tired, but it's largely "good" reasons draining my resources. In the past few weeks, I've had huge work projects, multiple holiday parties, I finished a draft of one play and started outlining another, crossed state lines a few times... The next week will continue to be hectic, though still all for happy reasons - a visit for a grandparent's birthday-celebration, holiday celebrations, a wedding celebration - more crossing of state lines (but maybe a little more down time in each place).

It's the good kind of tired - and in order to prevent it from becoming the kind of tired that leads to falling under the weather, I'm taking a rain check on a "real" post... look for one midweek... and am going to bed. Sweet dreams, dear readers.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I have never understood what causes people to comment on such things. Clearly, if you are tired, you know so, and do not need your apparent haggardness pointed out to you. And if you're not tired, then what are you supposed to get from such an analysis?
I was stopping at Borders on my way home from work one night, and as I trudged up to the door, a man leaving the store remarked, "Wow, it looks like you had a really hard day." Thank you, Mr. Stranger. Thank you.