Monday, February 25, 2008

Love Letter To a Little Man

.....

Dear Oscar,

I don't really know where to begin. I've never been good about things like this - so I'm just going to jump right in and see what happens. Okay? Here goes.

I have a crush on you, sweetie pie.

I've had a crush on you for years, actually. I can't pinpoint the day you first caught my eye, but you still capture my imagination.

I've followed your career pretty closely. You're kind of a cad (how many past winners have kissed and caressed you in front of the world? But I forgive you). You've made some poor choices with past loves (James Cameron as Best Director? The man is insane, Oscar; I expect better from you). But you have also had some shining moments, and the way you help others to reach such levels of joy is truly admirable.

And that year you were stolen?! I was outraged. Those horrible thieves! Don't they know you must be wooed and won, not snatched up like some common household tchotchke?!

So there you have it. Now you know. It's okay if you want to play hard to get. Frankly, I know how that game works. I'm not too worried. I'll do the work on my end. I'll arrange for us to meet... and when that night comes...

Let me take you home, baby. I promise I'll be good to you. I'll hold your hand in front of my friends. I'll always remember the night we met. And I can't wait to introduce you to my parents.

So how 'bout it?
xxoo
Beth

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is awkward...I mean, you realize that Oscar and I are destined to be together, right? :)
-Dd

dramamama said...

'sokay, you two.

My understanding is, Oscar is into Big Love.

;-)

dramamama said...

What happened to the graphic?

Beth said...

I don't know!! It was stolen!! Just like when the Oscars were... stolen!!! I take it as a good sign. Here is a new graphic. :)