Sunday, June 1, 2008

BethWEEK

As was recently teasingly pointed out to me, this blog has become more Bethmonth than Bethweek. Well, I'm going to see if I can't do something about that.

I actually do have "saved to draft" posts from the past few weeks that I just never finished or published. This is a frequent writer's ailment of mine - a combination of procrastination and self-criticism that sometimes leads me to pause and shelve something that's not-quite-polished rather than just put it out there. And while that's fine for bigger writing projects (to a point), the whole purpose of this blog was supposed to be that it would force me to write weekly, come up with some commentary to post on a regular basis. It would require me to write no matter how blocked I was, how busy, how convinced that I'm a terrible writer who will never be able to finish the current project.


The good news is, I've been writing. A lot. Not here at Bethweek, obviously - but I've been a writing machine elsewhere. So maybe I don't need this blog. But before euthanizing Bethweek, I'm going to make one more attempt to utilize this self-imposed writing commitment. Not monthly, but weekly. I'll momentarily post the last few weeks' posts, which should retroactively show up as links, with their original composition date, making it look as though I was a solid blog-poster for the month of May. If only it were so easy to retroactively smoothe over time itself, and not just a web chart of the time...


(... of course, sometimes I think we do wind up glossing over the past, and making it look less messy than it really was. A topic for a future post, perhaps? See - there's always something to write about. So whether it's mundane or fantastic, global or personal, I'm going to make the attempt to put some weekly words up here.)

Consistent posting - otherwise, the blog gets it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing ..... something.......I check the blog every day ....

Beth said...

thanks, Dad :)

Amy said...

I don't care if you think it's not good enough, it's way better than most blogs out there and that's enough to keep me reading! Keep 'em comin hon :)

dramamama said...

good to see you back

Beth said...

thanks, Amy :)

thanks, Mom :)

Anonymous said...

I found one "new" May blog. Am I just not seeing the others?

Not monthly, but weekly. I'll momentarily post the last few weeks' posts, which should retroactively show up as links, with their original composition date, making it look as though I was a solid blog-poster for the month of May.