Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekending

Sitting here on another Sunday night, wondering where the weekend went. I'm almost finished with the piece I planned to publish here last week. It will eventually be posted, but tonight is looking less and less likely. This weekend was very productive, with some dashes of good social time as well... in fact, so much was packed into the last two days that it seems like a whole week. Such is the odd math of weekends: the start of the weekend can feel at once long ago and immediate, just-past, too recent to be that far gone. There are strange lazy hours, alongside hurried ones, and all these hours somehow add up to two all-too-short days.

The odd math applies to life, too. The days sometimes drag, but the weeks, months, years fly by. I keep thinking I'll have "time to catch up," but that seems as mythical as a unicorn. So I need to come up with a revised game plan, rather than the catch-up-plan. If I come up with some magic formula, I'll let you know. But math has never been my strongest suit.

No comments: